I love blogging. I'm a Facebook addict. I love connections. So, imagine my giggles of delight when I find a new and interesting blog that is connected by a few other blogs to me. Thanks to some of my readers, I caught on to an interesting blog called "Resist Racism". Clicked on it and and managed to ignore my fighting children long enough to read some good stuff. I especially liked two of their pages: Racism 101 and We Heard it Before
Here is a sample of the Racism 101 part that I really liked:
- White privilege exists.
- Sanctuary is not segregation.
- Flipping the actors does not lend clarity to an issue, nor does it mean that you have created equivalent analogies. See entry under Fallacious Flip.
- People must own their feelings and expressions. Ventriloquy is not helpful in discussions of racism.
- Seeking the empowerment of people of color is not the same as disenfranchising white people.
- Racism is more than individual acts of meanness.
Looking forward to reading more of their posts - catch some of their stuff when you can!